EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TEACHER OF AP ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS STUDIES
The International Department of Beijing Bayi School, located in the education district (Haidian) of Beijing, seeks a teacher of AP Economics and Business Studies. Minimally, he or she must be prepared to teach a combination of AP Economics Macro / Micro, Business Studies and possibly courses in Leadership. In particular we are seeking creative and innovative teachers who are eager to try new things. Strong collaboration skills are required as the teacher will be needed to participate in school-wide curriculum planning and development.
THE SCHOOL CAN OFFER:
1 legal working visa
2 foreign expert certificate
3 competitive salary around RMB 25000
4 Commercial Insurance
5 help upon arrival
6 paid public holidays
7 on-going professional developments
8 opportunities for promotion
9. Travel allowance
10. Free apartment with two bedrooms
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two (2) years of experience teaching high school-level Economics courses with two years of experience teaching at the AP level is preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
Helpful but not required…
• Experience with online textbooks and course work using extensive online resources
• Experience with online course and grade book software
• Experience in academic advising and leading co-curricular activities
• International teaching and/or travel experience
• Experience living and/or teaching in China
• Patience, tolerance, and flexibility are qualities essential to meeting the challenges of sharing in the creation of a relatively new school that combines the educational strengths of both American and Chinese educational traditions.
• An interest in understanding a culture and educational tradition different from one’s own is crucial.
• All students of the International Department of Beijing Bayi School plan to attend universities outside of China. Therefore, being eager to prepare them accordingly and to serve their educational needs are of the highest importance.
Please email cover letter indicating interest in this position and résumé along with list of references that we may contact without hesitation (email or phone numbers expected) to: firstname.lastname@example.org , Hiring Search Manager
Application materials will be received until position is filled